Full Term!!!

37 weeks today and that gives Mr Bun a "full term" status. As of now everything should be up to par and functioning properly and ready for the real world. I feel like a whale. It is not that I have gained a bunch more weight, but I feel like my belly is HUGE!! His movements are so strong! He has a firm little rump and he likes to back it up into my rib cage.

So, as of Tuesday, still no effacement and dilation is "maybe" at a 1/2 centimeter, but that would be a bit of an exaggeration. Induction was brought up at my appointment and the first time I heard it, I shuddered. When I think of induction I think of pitocin, and that makes me think of horrendous contractions and that makes me think of "emergency c-section". I am really hoping that my body starts this process on its own. Because of my blood clotting problems the Dr does not really want me to go over due. I expressed that "induction" was not really something I had considered, but I am keeping an open mind. I do have to say that the thought of knowing when I can expect him is very tempting:):)

Inductions have to be scheduled something like 10 days in advance, so even if they schedule me there is still the possibility of me going into labor on my own, which would be GREAT. I guess I am going to start taking long walks and doing that other thing people say can speed up labor;) I have heard of lots of women drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea to ripen the cervix so maybe I will get some that as well.

I guess in the long run my main goal is to get Mr Bun here and to have him healthy. I do have certain thoughts of how I would "like" that to happen, but I do not feel overwhelming pressure on myself to get him here in a particular way. I would love to experience a drug free labor, but we will just have to see what happens. Either way, I just can't wait to hold him!!!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: